Mar 2015 – now
Antenna RF Design Engineer, @ Airbus Defence and Space (formerly Astrium), Stevenage, United Kingdom
▪ Project and design of shaped and multi-beam antennas for telecommunications satellites, both in broadcast Ku-Ka bands and in mobile L-S bands. Expertise in feed horn design
▪ Customer interaction at proposal and program level
Feb 2012 – Feb 2015
Microwave and Antenna Engineer, @ Selex-ES (formerly Selex-Galileo), a Finmeccanica company, Campi Bisenzio, Florence, Italy.
▪ Project and design of complex antenna systems and microwave devices for avionic and naval applications (X and Ka bands). Leading role in every step of the engineering process of reflector, printed and flat-array antennas, from design to manufacturing and testing.
▪ Experience with RF test equipment and measurements: planar field scanners and compact range facilities.
▪ Relationship with suppliers and workshops
PRINCE2 certification in Project Management
In preparation – Examination scheduled for October 2016
Ph. D. in RF, Microwaves and Electromagnetics, Microelectronics and Microwave
Engineering Laboratory, University of Florence, Florence, Italy.
Main research topics:
Theoretical development and implementation of multi-objective optimization algorithms.
Study and project of linear and planar arrays.
Development of an hybrid MoM-FEM code for 3-D analysis of waveguide arrays.
Engineering license as an Information Technology Engineer, University of
Florence, Florence, Italy.
Professional practice examination.
Master’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering – Applied Electromagnetism,
University of Florence, Florence, Italy, 110/110 with honours.
2 years MSc, main topics: Electromagnetism, Antennas, Radiation, Propagation, Microwaves, Radar, Signal Processing, Signal Coding and Transmission, Cellular Networks, Optical Fibers.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems Engineering, University of Florence,
Florence, Italy, 109/110.
3 years BSc, main topics: Mathematics, Physics, Electric and Electronic Engineering, Programming Basics, Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Neural Networks, Computer Networks.